Sunday, March 15, 2009

ISB

Back from a long hiatus!!! Was really caught up on some stuff at work and my MBA application. I loved my job at Deloitte, met some incredible people, learnt some neat skills. However, with the lottery called the H1, a bad bad economy and a realization that I loved marketing much more than Technology drove me to get my MBA.. Having done that, I decided US was out. I was unhappy with the H1 situation that was the sole cause of many companies rejecting me. Europe is in the midst of a severe recession and is super-expensive (way beyond my means), so I decided it would be back to India for me. Indian School of Business stood out with its partnership with Wharton / Kellog, excellent faculty and a great peer group.

Having graduated a few months earlier with my MS, I gave a trial application to ISB, and got an interview call. This was a totally refreshing interview, where the interviewers seemed genuineky interested in discovering my story.. I felt, I gave a very good interview and got the admit!!

So now, the next chapter in my life is ISB.. I hope to make some smashing friends, colleagues and mentors.

1 comment:

Manish Acharya said...

You came to ISB for "...great peer group..." and "...smashing friends...". You got us. Isn't this an ironic tragedy?